Monday, December 05, 2005

Star Wars escapism, online!

I know, people will point out to me the virtues (or lack thereof) of Star Wars Galaxies, the Star Wars MMORPG that's available online now, but I have my reservations about the game. After World of Warcraft, my expectations for a subscription based game is pretty high.

However, there's no denying the fact that I'm a Star Wars fan. I wouldn't so much as declare I'm a downright fanatic, but its pretty close (althought no contest against the likes of the Star Wars zealots and the purist!)

Anyway, put my 2 loves (read: passtimes or hobby) and you have one hell of a combination. I mean, virtual avatar/existence and the Star Wars universe! What more could you ask? Other than a virtual Carrie Fisher of course!

Anyway, here's a mug shot of my current foray into the virtual Star Wars universe courtesy of Star Wars: Republic Commando for the PC, published by LucasArts.

No comments: